This module is intended for public use.
- Describe the epidemiology of nicotine use in the general population and in persons with opioid use disorder (OUD)
- Evaluate the ways in which policies, programs, and interventions reduce the harmful effects associated with nicotine use.
- Recognize the various types of evidence-based screening tools and care management strategies for nicotine use.
- Compare strategies for addressing nicotine use in patients receiving treatment for OUD.
- Understand how nicotine harm reduction strategies can be utilized within opioid treatment programs.
Estimated time to complete activity: 30 minutes
Credits Available: AMA, AAPA, ANCC, ASWB, ACPE, CPH
Activity Release Date: November 30, 2021
Expiration Date: February 9, 2024